Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Brad

Sunday was Brad's 3rd Birthday.  I can't believe he's 3!  Here are some pictures to document the day.

Good Morning!  It's finally my Birthday!
Brad was really disappointed that he didn't get to eat his cake for breakfast, so I offered to make him Halloween pancakes.  The one on the right is a pumpkin, and I think it's pretty good.  However, the one on the left is supposed to be a spider.  Not so much, eh?
After Church we let Brad open his presents from Joe and me.
He got a Winnie the Pooh laptop and a tool bench!
The cake
We had a party at the church and invited lots of friends and family.  He was very excited to blow out the candles.
Brad shares his birthday with his great-uncle Brian.  This year they got to share a party too.
Brad insisted on having the spider piece of the cake.  Luckily for me he didn't actually eat much of it.
Grammy Lynne and Lucy
The Great-Grands (my Mother's Parents)
Joe enjoying his cake.
This is the Buzz Lightyear Pinata.  We let Brad go first.  To Infinity and Beyond!!
The other kids got a turn starting youngest to oldest.  This is my friend April showing her daughter Alyssa how it's done.
Abbey getting her turn.
Anela didn't need any instruction.
Joseph takes a whack at it.
Karah's Turn
I don't actually have a picture of it breaking, because as soon as my nephew Corbin got the stick it was all over.  Here's the kids going after the candy.
My Beautiful Niece, Hailey.  She's almost walking!
More presents from friends...
...and Family.
On Monday I took Brad in to see the doctor for his annual check-up.  He's 38 inches tall and weighs 37 pounds, which is about 90th percentile for both.  The doctor was impressed with his communication skills and suggested I get him into some classes (preschool, gym or music).  I'll have to look around and see what we can find because I think he would like that a lot.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow! The church for a birthday party? You must be famous. :)

And I realized how long it's been since I last saw you. It was before you were pregnant, I think. Maybe Ella's blessing?

Tiffany said...

Sorry we couldn't be there! Looks like you had a great time!

blueroserider said...

I LOVE the picture of Lucy and I with pointy heads! Thanks for having a birthday Brad!