Thursday, March 5, 2009

Lucy - 9 Months Old

On Feb 21st Lucy turned 9 months old. She's growing so fast. It seems like in just in the last couple of weeks she's really gained a lot of new skills. She claps, waves hello and goodbye and signs "more" and "all done". She finally figured out how to crawl on all fours last week and at nearly the same time started pulling herself up on the furniture. She does it and looks around for applause and then realizes the only way to get down is to fall and she freaks out. I wish I could say she was sleeping better at night, but she's not. The one nice thing is that she's taking a bottle at night so Joe is really helping out and I'm getting more rest than before.

Lucy has the cutest smile and the best belly laugh. She still thinks everything Brad does is hilarious and just adores him. He is a wonderful big brother and is always helping me make sure she doesn't go anywhere dangerous or stick things in her mouth that she shouldn't.

Also, when I found out I was going to have a girl people started telling me how much more "drama" there was with girls than boys. I kind-of blew it off thinking that Brad was pretty dramatic and I was sure it wouldn't be that bad. Well, with Lucy only 9 months old I already TOTALLY know what they were talking about now. Every time something bothers her she screams. If she gets hurt, she screams. If I tell her no, she screams. If she's bored, she screams. Don't get me wrong, she's a lot of fun too...but boy is there a lot of screaming.

At her doctor's appointment on Monday she weighed 18 lbs 7 oz and was 27 1/4 inches long. She's just moving up from 6 month to 9 month clothes, so right on schedule. She's also getting a new tooth on the top (her 3rd) but it's not one of the middle ones. Not sure what to think about that...but I'm sure it will be fine.
Here's a picture of her showing off her new trick:

3 comments:

Kaycee said...

how fun! she is a doll!

Balser said...

I think my girls scream sometimes just because they like to hear their voices! Bet she does too!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big she is! It was great to see her today. Just wait on the girl thing, it gets better (tee hee).