Thursday, January 15, 2009

My "Other Job"

Shortly after Lucy was born and while I was on maternity leave I got a little restless. I was used to having to get up every morning and be somewhere at a certain time and being accountable to other people. While having a newborn and a 2 year old was keeping me busy, I decided I needed a hobby. I ended up getting into digital scrapbooking. Digital scrapbooking is creating scrapbook pages on the computer. I LOVE it. To me, it's all the fun of scrapbooking with none of the mess and it's WAY less expensive.

Well, as part of the digital scrapbooking world I stumbled into making "Siggies" for people on the message board I'm a member of (www.justmommies.com). A Siggy is a digital signature used to show pictures or words at the end of each post someone makes. There are probably about 30 siggy makers at Just Mommies and they are a wonderful group of girls. They have taught me most of what I've learned about digital scrapbooking. Joe likes to hassle me about it and calls it my "Other Job" because it takes a decent amount of time and I don't really get anything out of it...except entertainment. That's enough, right?

Recently one of the girls, Lindsay, gave me the opportunity to be part of her Creative Team. Basically that means that I get to use the scrapbook kits she creates in exchange for sharing what I make with them on my blog. Lindsay's a fantastic designer. Her designs are called SpinkyDink Scraps. Her newest kit is called Fly Me To The Moon and I got to make a siggy and a scrapbook page with it! Here they are, I hope you like them!


5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Digital scrapbooking seems to be all the rage now! These pages look great.

Kaycee said...

That is so cute! If I were to scrap book, I think I would like digital. For the same reasons you do. I should check it out.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Super cute layout. These kids are adorable.

Laura said...

Those are some cute pages you made! I've been wanting to learn to make siggies forever, but it seems too confusing for me!

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie, I'm Kala from Lindsay's CT, I just thought I'd stop by and say hi. I also have a Lucy Mae!