Sunday, May 29, 2011

January 2011–Zumba Instructor? Me?

Beginning in the fall of 2009 I started taking Zumba classes from Jessica Thompson at our local Rec. Center. It’s funny really that a form of exercise based in Latin Dance would appeal to me since I seriously lack in rhythm, but I fell in love with it and just couldn’t stop. In November of 2010 I started toying with the idea of getting licensed so that I could teach my own classes. At first I thought I was crazy, but the more I thought about it, the more I got really excited about it. On January 7 I took the certification class and got my license to teach. I decided to jump in with both feet and taught my first class to an enthusiastic group of family and friends on Martin Luther King Day and then got my real induction the next night substituting a big class of Jessica’s. Since then I’ve started teaching my own classes 4 times a week and I love really love it. I never thought I would be teaching exercise classes – especially ones based in dance, but I guess all those lessons I took starting at age 3 really paid off finally.

zumba-logo-vertical

Oh! And I have a facebook Zumba page – check it out – www.facebook.com/NatalieZumba

No comments: