Sunday, May 29, 2011

February 2011–California and the Happiest Place on Earth

In February Joe and the kids and I took Joe’s parents and went to California for five days. I have to admit that I was slightly skeptical about the whole Disneyland trip. I was 18 the first time I went to Disneyland and I wasn’t sure that the Disney magic of childhood would live up to all I had heard. Turns out it totally did. We had an amazing time. And I think the kids liked it too.

I took a million pictures, unfortunately a lot of them are saved on our currently malfunctioning hard drive so you get the ones I already had posted on facebook.

The first day that we got there we rented a van at the airport and drove to Huntington Beach. It was Lucy’s first time seeing the ocean and Brad’s first time that he could remember. It was too cold to go into the water but we had fun walking the pier, finding shells and watching some crazy surfers. We also saw a seagull with only 1 food…I should have taken a picture of that.

d2

We spent 3 days going to Disneyland and California Adventure. We stayed at the Desert Palms which was about a 10 minute walk from the parks which was perfect for afternoon naps. It did rain on us a little bit which I guess is the hazard of going in February, however since we never waited in line for more than 20 minutes for any ride I will totally take a little rain.

d5

Kathy and I took Lucy to have lunch with the Princesses at Ariel’s Grotto. It was totally worth the money because the princesses came to our table and talked with and hugged Lucy and she was absolutely in 7th Heaven.

d3

d4

Obligatory teacup shot:

d6

Lucy tells everyone “I was a CRAZY driver!”

d7

And some randomness:

d9

d10

d11

d12

d13

d14

One of the really nice things about taking Joe’s parents with us was that Joe and I got to have some time alone. One of the nights we went to California Adventure alone and rode the “Tower of Terror”. It was a GREAT ride! We both loved it.

d8

It was such a fun trip and I’m so glad we did it. I can see why people go back again and again.

No comments: