Sunday, April 11, 2010

Article – Strength in Numbers

Trib Article

I already posted this to facebook, so if we’re friends there you’ve probably already seen it, but I thought I would post it here too.  Joe and I were featured in an article in In This Week magazine which is put out by one of our local papers.  The article was about participants in an upcoming bike ride (Little Red Riding Hood) that my sister, Tenille, and I are doing for cancer research. 

You can read the article here.

You can read more about Joe’s cancer story here.

It was kind of fun to be part of an article like this and it was really amusing to watch Joe sign a “Model Release Form” at the studio.  I know he only did it because I wanted to and he likes to give me what I want.  I really feel like Joe’s survival story can be an inspiration to others.  I was  a little disappointed that the writer didn’t mention our kids.  To me the most best part of the story is that just a few years later Joe and I were able to have our own family despite the massive amounts of chemo he received.  Anyway, I hope we’re able to inspire someone to stay strong and have hope even in the worst of times.

No comments: