Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lucy gets Oatmeal and a Hat!

Last night I finally reached my wits end with Lucy's constant nursing.  I decided that even though she won't be six months for a bout 3 more weeks she's ready for solids.  I really wanted to make it to six months, but I just cannot keep up with the girl!  So anyway, last night I fed her about a tablespoon of oatmeal.  She LOVED it.  I wanted to get pictures with it all over her face, but the fact is that she just swallowed most of it right down.  This blob on her chin was the best I could do:

She was very excited about playing with the spoon, so I let her do a little bit of the feeding herself.  

I also wanted to show you this darling hat my sister Tenille made for Lucy.  It's one of the first things she's crocheted but you would never know!  People have been stopping me to tell me how cute it is (in addition to how cute Lucy is) so I totally think she should sell them!  Lucy would be willing to model.


8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Those pictures are hilarious! Especially that top one where she looks like she's being abducted by aliens.

Balser said...

I try to wait till 6 months too. What's the rush-right? She did good eating! Karah always had to have a spoon in each hand (from day one) in addition to my spoon! I didn't know your sister made that hat! I thought you bought it! I want one for my girls! Seriously! Way cute!

Balser said...

Karah just looked at these pictures and said, "Oh funny Lucy!" Don't you just love your booster? We have the same one-love it!

Kristie said...

She is soooo sweet. We really need to get together. Our kids would make for a big bunch of beautiful babies!

Jenny said...

She is so cute. I love the pictures of her in her hat. I started my kids on solids at 4 months.

Kaycee said...

Lucy is a doll!
I started Abbey at 4 and a half months and I think I will start Jaden at 5 months. Jaden seems ready for solids now.

Shannon said...

Lucy is such a beautiful baby! she seriously has the biggest eyes ever! (The hat is pretty darn cute too- by the way!)

Jen said...

I love that hat! If we ever have a girl I want one. Our doctor told us to start Aaron on solids at his 4 month check up. I'm glad she did because if she didn't I probably would have been at my wits end too with the way he eats.