Sunday, November 9, 2008

Brad's first Soccer Game

A couple weeks ago I found out that our local rec. center was having sign-ups for indoor soccer, and they have a division for 3-5 year olds! I was so excited because I've been looking for some good physical activities for Brad this winter. Running around our 1400 square foot home just isn't going to cut it.

Last Saturday we went to the organizing meeting and met his team. There are about 7 kids on his team and he is one of the youngest. Some of the older kids have played before, but the level of skill is pretty basic. If you've never attended a soccer game for 3-5 year olds you are missing out. His first game was on Thursday and here are some fun pics:

Getting ready to go:Everyone has to wear shin guards for safety.
Stretching before they start.

Huddle with the team. The coach is one of the boy's dads. His name is Daniel and he's very patient with the fact that Brad's attention span is like 1 minute long.
An action shot:
Not sure what he was doing here...not going after the ball though.
This is Tasha, shes also really young so Brad gets along with her well. Once again, he's always the ladies man...
This is my favorite picture. Brad is the kid right in the middle with his arms out behind him. At this precise moment he's opening his "wings" and preparing to yell "To infinity and beyond!" before running to the other end of the gym. Hey, whatever works.

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Little kids playing soccer is hilarious. They just all chase the ball. He looks great!

Kaycee said...

Brad is so cute! How fun!
Last night I said to Brad "so I hear you are quite the little ladies man!" He said "No! I am not a lady, I am a boy!" He is so cute.

Balser said...

He looks like Joe in that first picture! I loved him in his little uniform the other day!

Tiffany said...

So cute!!! I wish we had something like that for Taylor down here! I'll bet Brad is just loving it!

Stephen and Kathy said...

wow you need to let grandma and grandpa know when he has a game we would like to come watch one that would be fun.

Shannon said...

He is so stinkin cute! I think it's awesome that they have teams for kids this young- I should think about doing something like that for Kenna to get her energy out!

Anonymous said...

You have been added my bloggy friend! It will take me a few more days to get the State List updated, but your blog should be appearing in "The Congregation" list!

Happy Stalking!
-The Blog Stalker

blueroserider said...

Bunch Ball!!! Yipee! Now, THIS is parenting!

Jatibbs said...

Brad is frickin hilarious. can't beleive he is playing soccer